Thursday 30 August 2012

In the summer time...


So, summers over and the return to uni is upon us.

bright eyed bushy tailed freshers will not embark on an age old tradition of being drunk and loud and meet a truck load of new people. Busy time for mentors.

Over summer I've been mentoring from a distance, most of my work has been in helping returning students with housing but there's been the normal relationship problems too and even one student who was having alcohol problems. honestly its been busier than I expected and I personally find it difficult to mentor from a distance, I prefer face to face chats rather than doing things over the net.

I also sent some messages out to people I've spoke to in the past or who I know are having tough summers and just saying hey, hope every things going well, short friendly notes just to remind people Im easy to get hold of when theyr'e back at uni.

whole new year and Im really excited to be back and get stuck in. Freshers is going to be a busy time for all the mentors and I cant wait for the challenge.

post up tales of what goes on as it happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment