Monday 30 July 2012

  Its important to practise your mentoring on injured extremly cute wildlife. One thing I will say is that sol had some wounds that needed treatment so I took her to saint tiggywinkles (named after its vast infimary for hedgehogs). the hospitol is for wild animals but reliens on donations, I paid for sols treatment but most people don't donate so when I posted up pictures of this bundle of extremly nervous fluff I made sure to post links to the tiggywinkles donation page on their website and mention it on facebook as the pictures drew alot of attention. 

I mention this because the whole scenario reminded me of being a mentor, the rabbit was injured and alot of people said I should just keep her but I took her to the hospitol, I facilitated. I looked at the situation and thought whats best for her not me and that is in my humble opinion exactly what a mentor should do, we facilitate, we help the person with the problem find the best people to help them. The advertising was to help out the helpers, remember other mentors may need a hand :)

 Sol (named after the norse goddes of the sun, which is where sunday comes from, sols-day *ifound her on a sunday*) will not come back to me shell be released back into the area to remain a wild animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment