Tuesday 12 February 2013

P.A.S.S poster and work between work...


As a mentor I try to help not just individual students but the university as a whole if I can. This means if there's a design job of some sort that I could be a part of I'm always up for it. I've worked on logos for the award ceremonies before and this years student wall planner but my latest piece is by far my favourite job.

I was tasked with creating an entertaining poster for the P.A.S.S scheme. P.a.s.s is a student led society where students can meet up with older students and study together, its been very successful. 

Im not sure if mentors would count this as mentoring in some senses but I certainly felt like I wanted to do a good job for the student body and represent the scheme well. That's mentoring to me, looking after the few and the individuals. Lately Im having real trouble time wise as my third year projects have sucked up all my free space so my mentoring work has really suffered. Doing this made me feel I could put something back into the university system.

I made sure to regularly show the P.A.S.S group the designs and progression of the poster taking on-board what they wanted and needed and changing the design accordingly, luckily everyone seemed very pleased with the design.

Little bit of mentor success in this very hectic year!

Toodle pip!



No comments:

Post a Comment